Guidelines for Completing Garda Vetting Form
*Please Read Carefully before Completing Form*
THIS VETTING FORM IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF APPLYING FOR A PRIVATE SECURITY SERVICES LICENCE ONLY. THE AUTHORITY DOES NOT VET PEOPLE FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE.
THIS FORM SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE
When completing the Garda Vetting Form it is important that you follow these guidelines:
- You should ensure that you use the correct vetting form. Form GVA is required for applications for a first licence.
- The form must be completed in full using BLOCK CAPITALS and be clear and legible.
- Your Place/City of Origin must be completed.
- You must include all your addresses on the form from your date of birth to your present address.
- All addresses must be completed in full including postcodes. No abbreviations.
- You must show all foreign addresses. This includes Irish Nationals who have resided abroad for over 6 months. Foreign Nationals must state all addresses from date of birth to the time they came to Ireland followed by all addresses from the time the person came to Ireland to the present date.
- The year from and year to sections must be fully completed for each address regardless of the number of previous addresses.
- When correctly completed the Vetting Form should not contain any gaps in your address history from date of birth to the present date.
- The Question “Have you ever being convicted of an offence in the Republic of Ireland or elsewhere?” must be answered.
All offences must be disclosed including Road Traffic Offences, Juvenile offences, suspended sentences and fines. Failure to disclose an offence on the vetting form may result in the refusal of your application.
- The Declaration on page 2 must be completed by signing your signature in the required place.
The Completed Form should be returned to the Private Security Authority.
The Licensing Division of the Authority can be contacted at email@example.com